Singapore Airlines offers its KrisFlyer Spontaneous Escapes promo, whereby you can get significant savings on award tickets in select regions. During the pandemic this promotion had largely been paused, but it has been brought back in recent months. With Singapore having reopened to visitors, this has become increasingly useful.
There are several opportunities to save miles on tickets in economy, premium economy, and business class, including for travel to and from North America, so let’s go over those details.
Book discounted Singapore Airlines awards
Singapore Airlines’ KrisFlyer program offers monthly “Spontaneous Escapes” deals, where there’s a list of flights that can be booked at a discount when redeeming miles.
Presumably Singapore Airlines is primarily discounting flights that aren’t anticipated to be full, and where there’s a lot of award availability. This can be a really useful promotion. One major restriction to note is that Spontaneous Escapes awards can’t be changed or canceled once booked, so you’ll only want to ticket these if you’re positive you’re traveling.
KrisFlyer has just published its latest Spontaneous Escapes list, which has a good number of destinations on it, all for travel on Singapore Airlines. This is valid for bookings through January 31, 2023, and for travel between February 1 and February 28, 2023.
I’d recommend checking out the full list, but just to give you a sense of some of the discounted awards that are available (pricing is one-way):
- Singapore to Ho Chi Minh City and Manila is available for 16,800 miles in business class
- Singapore to Hong Kong is available for 23,800 miles in business class
- Singapore to Darwin and Perth is available for 28,350 miles in business class
- Singapore to Bangalore, Chennai, Dhaka, and Mumbai, is available for 30,100 miles in business class
- Frankfurt to New York is available for 36,400 miles in premium economy
- Singapore to Adelaide and Brisbane is available for 47,950 miles in business class
- Tokyo to Los Angeles is available for 51,100 miles in premium economy
- Singapore to San Francisco is available for 52,500 miles in premium economy
- Singapore to New York is available for 56,350 miles in premium economy
- Frankfurt to New York is available for 56,700 miles in business class
The restrictions for taking advantage of the offers vary by destination. Some destinations are restricted to specific flight numbers, and others are restricted to specific dates, but there’s great value to be had across the board. It’s especially cool to see the options to & from New York, including the world’s longest flight, plus Singapore Airlines’ fifth freedom flight.
How to earn Singapore KrisFlyer miles
If you’re interested in booking one of these flights but don’t have KrisFlyer miles, the good news is that Singapore KrisFlyer is transfer partners with Amex Membership Rewards, Capital One, Chase Ultimate Rewards, and Citi ThankYou, so there are lots of easy ways to earn points that can be redeemed for these flights.
Singapore Airlines makes most premium cabin award space available exclusively to members of its own KrisFlyer program, so many of these are flights that you couldn’t book with partner airline miles. However, some partners, including Air Canada Aeroplan, do increasingly have access to some long haul Singapore Airlines premium award space.
Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer has published its latest Spontaneous Escapes promotion. With this new list, you can save on business class, premium economy, and economy award redemptions. There are some good deals to be had, including for travel to & from North America in business class and premium economy, so take a look and see if any of the offers match up with your potential travel plans.
Are there any KrisFlyer Spontaneous Escapes awards that you plan to take advantage of?