CLARKSVILLE, TN – On Tuesday, Oct. 4, Northwest High School is prepared to host the first-ever Montgomery County Best on Best Wrestling Showcase.
This event is designed to put some of the area’s top talent on display. Meanwhile, it’s also meant to gauge interest from other student-athletes who may be interested in joining their high school’s wrestling team.
Montgomery County has served as one of the most competitive regions in the state when it comes to boy’s and girl’s high school wrestling. This proves to be true due to the recent success programs have had over the past couple of years.
For example, in the 2022 TSSAA team tournament, Rossview’s girls won the first state dual championship in the nation’s history by defeating Clarksville High in the finals. The boys from Clarksville High also qualified for state.
At the individual tournament, 2022 was the seventh consecutive year that a girls program from Clarksville scored the most total points. Five wrestlers from the area won state championships, three girls and two boys, while 20 others medaled.
Area coaches got together to nominate wrestlers to compete in each weight class. They proceeded to vote on what the best matchups would be.
This event is full of talent, with at least 20 qualifiers and several medalists from last year’s state tournament making the list.
Doors at Northwest are expected to open to the public at 4:30 p.m. on Oct. 4. Weigh-ins are scheduled to be at 5 p.m., and wrestling will begin at 6 p.m. in the main gym.
Admission for the night is $15, but all middle schoolers and children under the age of 8 may attend free of charge. Tickets must be purchased on GoFan at this link..
The organizers would like to thank O’Charley’s on Riverside and the Northwest culinary arts students for sponsoring dinner for the athletes and coaches.
Tentative event card
- 88 lbs – Jack Levendusky (MC) vs Miyon Alkubechy (KIMS)
- 90 lbs – Cam Snyder (KIMS) vs Sam Manhallon (RIMS)
- 125 lbs – Donovan Cox (ROMS) vs Ruger Pennington (RIMS)
High school girls
- 100 lbs – Shyanne Michalski (NWHS) vs Ava Teasley (RHS)
- 107 lbs – Gracie Tuberville (MCHS) vs Addie Bess (RHS)
- 114 lbs – Caitlyn Miller (RHS) vs Alisha Renken (WCHS)
- 120 lbs – Mariana Bowen (RHS) vs Anna Jenks (RHS)
- 126 lbs – Evelin Ochoa (RHS) vs Najette Mojica-Soto (WCHS)
- 138 lbs – Kelsey Mize (RHS) vs Ty Bryant (CA)
- 145 lbs – Genesis Gilmore (MCHS) vs Alyssa Adamo (RHS)
- 152 lbs – Stitch Nikolao (RHS) vs Lily Peters (MCHS)
- 165 lbs – Alexis Mize (RHS) vs Irelynn Laurin (RHS)
- 185 lbs – Katie McMillan (RHS) vs Cearyona O’Conner (MCHS)
- 235 lbs – Shantal Goburn (NWHS) vs Zahara Williams (RHS)
High school boys
- 106 lbs – Sincere Puryear (NWHS) vs Nick Collins (RHS)
- 120 lbs – Lucas Landrum (RHS) vs Ethan Avila (WCHS)
- 120 lbs – Chris Schroth (RHS) vs Cyrus Sanders (CHS)
- 120 lbs – Gabe Metz (CHS) vs Landon Wommack (MCHS)
- 120 lbs – Zack Taylor (KHS) vs Garrett Furnas (WCHS)
- 132 lbs – Spencer Potter (RHS) vs Reese Levendusky (MCHS)
- 138 lbs – Max Landrum (RHS) vs Cade Steiner (NWHS)
- 138 lbs – Adrian Moore (RHS) vs. Sean Johnson (KHS)
- 145 lbs – Devin Mayfield (MCHS) vs. Kellen Corkrean (NWHS)
- 152 lbs – Mason Fierge (WCHS) vs Ethan Cunningham (NWHS)
- 160 lbs – Dorian Higgins (RHS) vs Thomas Mann (NEHS)
- 170 lbs – Ryan Babuscio (MCHS) vs Mateo Pardo (RHS)
- 170 lbs – Breon White (NEHS) vs Devin Otero (RHS)
- 182 lbs – Stanford Thompson (WCHS) vs Freddie Ellis (KHS)
- 220 lbs – Josh Ward (WCHS) vs Jace Powell (CHS)
- 285 lbs – Oscar Escobedo (CHS) vs Joey Raleigh (NEHS)
The post Coaches to come together for Montgomery County’s Best on Best Wrestling Showcase appeared first on ClarksvilleNow.com.